Thu08May2014The Work Foundation, 21 Palmer Street, London, SW1H 0AD
Language in End-of-Life Care workshop
The workshop will include the following sessions. The full programme is available to download here.
- Welcome and opening: Professor Sheila Payne (Lancaster University)
- The search for a final sense of meaning in end-of-life discourses: Professor Lukas Radbruch (University of Bonn)
- The 'Metaphor in End-of-Life Care' project - data, questions and methods: Dr Jane Demmen and Dr Paul Rayson (Lancaster University)
- 'Fight' and 'journey' metaphors for cancer revisited: Dr Veronika Koller and Professor Elena Semino (Lancaster University)
- Listening to patient and professional voices in end-of-life care Dame Professor Barbara Monroe (Chief Executive, St Christopher's Hospice, London)
- Narratives of 'good' and 'bad' deaths: Dr Zsofia Demjen (Open University) and Professor Elena Semino (Lancaster University)
- Plenary discussion: chaired by Professor Sheila Payne (Lancaster University)
- Closing: Dr Veronika Koller (Lancaster University)
Please contact Jane Demmen for further information and to book one of the remaining places for this event: (firstname.lastname@example.org). NB: Places will be allocated on a 'first-come-first-served' basis. We may not be able to respond to individual emails after the event is full, but an update will be posted here in due course.