Corpus approaches to health(care) communication
Our newly funded research programme will extend the facilitative and transformative power of corpus methods to the study of health (care) communication, in the following areas:
- Language and mental health, including:
- Communication about anxiety disorder;
- Presentation and diagnosis of psychosis;
- Depression in users of social media.
- Communicating and diagnosing chronic pain.
- Media representations of obesity.
- English language assessment and training for medical professionals.