Corpus approaches to health(care) communication
Our largest ESRC-funded research programme extends the facilitative and transformative power of corpus methods to the study of health (care) communication, in the following areas:
- Language and mental health, including:
- Communication about anxiety disorder;
- First-person accounts of voice-hearing;
- Depression in users of social media.
- Communicating and diagnosing chronic pain.
- Representations of obesity in the News.
- English language assessment and training for medical professionals.
- Patient feedback on NHS cancer services.